Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Internship - Week Six

"If you're not assigned a meaningful project, create one!" - @2MovesAhead - Kyshira #InternChat


This week has been hectic for both my Intern supervisor, Cassie, and I. Due to personal issues, it was difficult to match both of our schedules to discuss. So instead of waiting for an assignment, I created one!

I began to research social sites and collect information for makeup artist, capDIVAting ARTistry. I made up a list of make up artist and businesses on Twitter, as well as researched PR methods for Facebook.

Facebook is my WEAKEST aspect of social media due to the fact that I'm just not on the site long enough to effectively network. After my news feed fills with pictures of my classmate's child[ren] or statuses of how "life is hard," I'm ready to get off. Fortunately, I was able to come across great tips on how to become socially active with Facebook to attract viewers to the client's page.

Because capDIVAting ARTisty is centered around such a visual field such as make up, I also researched phone photo apps: Instagram, EveEm, Piictu, and Cinemagr.am and websites such as Pinterest, Tumblr and Blog Spot. These sites are focused on images and most importantly GREAT for networking. For example the new Lime-a-rita's. I STRONGLY dislike them, and I've never had beer before in my life, BUT because all of my followers on Instagram were talking about them so much, I bought a case. Does it matter that I like the drink or not? No, because I bought it. Does it matter that I got back on Instagram and posted a picture and the caption read that I didn't like it? Nope. Most people still want to try out things for themselves so either way, Lime-a-rita's win!

Relating this to capDIVAting ARTistry, if a picture is posted about Danita's artwork and a customer loves/dislike the work and expresses their opinion about it online, it's attracting viewers. We live in a world now where people like to know/see things for themselves. If someone is talking about the picture negatively, others view the picture to make their own assumptions. The beauty about God creating us is that no two people are alike. What might look horrible to others, may be stunningly beautiful to others. Either way, the social sites give people a chance to make that call for themselves.

Sites such as Pinterest excite such craft nerds, and DIY (Do - It - Yourself) project freaks like myself! :) Since I've joined the Pinterest family, I've been painting my nails trying to get it like "the picture with the American flag for 4th of July." I became Bob the Builder creating storage shelves and using pattern duct tape on everything! lol ...Pinterest also shows you the different possibilities that can be done with makeup. I want some of the makeup looks so desperately, but I simply just don't know how to do them. With pictures like these to spark the imagination of others and show them what all can be done, makeup artist such as capDIVAting ARTistry can demonstrate pictures showing the same look, then post how to contact the artist to get the look.

The Internet, when used effectively, can be a great advantage to new artist and businesses wanting to alert the public of their craft.

-Creatively Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment